About Us
Ordnance Club at Hastings, Kolkata is a historic Regimental Institution of the Army Ordnance Corps and is one of the oldest and prestigious sports Clubs of Kolkata. This is a proprietary Institution owned and managed by Ordnance Services Officers Welfare Society (OSOWS) and hence the name Ordnance Club. Consequent to the formation of Board of Ordnance on 08 April 1775, a recreational centre was created in the Hastings area in Kolkata, which was managed by Ordnance Officers. This was later established as a Club in 1907, with the objective of enhancing espirit-de-corps among AOC officers and promotes sports and cultural activities. The Club Rules were approved by the Government in 1927.
When the Club was first constituted, the members were mostly British officers, British Warrant Officers and Indian Army Officers. A few elite civilian officers and officers of DGOF were also permitted to be members of the Club. After 1947, the Club opened its membership to other civilians of various social strata on a restricted scale. All serving and retired officers of Army Ordnance Corps are Life Members of this Club. In addition, Defence Service and senior Central and State Govt Officers in Kolkata are also granted station and tenure based Service membership.
Ordnance Club is predominantly a Sports Club with facilities for Badminton, Billiards, Snooker, Squash, Tennis, Swimming, Table Tennis, Cards and Gym with excellent training facilities and infrastructure. The Club regularly conducts various State Ranking tournaments besides organising various cultural and entertainment programmes and events for the members.
 
Keeping pace with changing times, Ordnance Club braced modernity however retaining the old charm in more ways than one. The Main building, wooden floored ball room, lush green lawn and the entire establishment amply reflects the rich Army Club Heritage and legacy with the emphasis on discipline, sports and quality entertainment.

How to Reach
Ordnance Club is an important landmark in Hastings, Kolkata-700022, located on the Commissariat Road in close proximity to the illustrious Princep Ghat and Fort William area. Being centrally located, taxis are readily available from all parts of the city. Distance from Netaji Subash Chandra Bose International Airport is 30 Kms and the driving time is approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic condition. The distance from Howrah Railway Station is 6 Kms and from Sealdah Railway Station, it is 8 Kms. The club is just 3 km from the busy Park Street and walking distance from Strand Road, which affords 24x7 connectivity by Bus, local trains and taxis. Being close to Babu Ghat, Ferry across Hoogly and Interstate Private Bus services are also available.